Hidden Sentence Training
Oaks Drive ,Wolverhampton, WV10 7QD
21st September 2016
10am – 4pm
Lunch and other refreshments will be provided
Please bring Photographic ID
It is estimated that 200,000 children in England and Wales are affected by parental imprisonment every year – that is more than the number of children who are looked after.
This workshop is targeted at professionals working with children, families and/or offenders and aims to:
- Improve understanding about the impact of imprisonment on prisoners’ families.
- Improve understanding of a family’s journey on a prison visit.
- Understand the support needs of prisoners’ families.
- Improve your own practice in order to support a prisoners’ family.
The workshop will include:
- Participatory exercises that encourage participants to understand the experience of family members who have a loved one in prison.
- Information about services and support for children and families of offenders.
- A ‘walk-through’ of the visit experience at HMP Oakwood.
- Film made by a young person about her experience of parental imprisonment
There are a limited number of places available, to confirm your place, please book via www.bookwhen.com/capotraining