|The course is a multidisciplinary courses with a mix of people from different groups.
The Tier 1 course is a mainly knowledge based course bringing up to date with what is happening with drug and alcohol use in the world and especially in Dudley, it also gives you tips for what you can do to reduce the harm of drugs. You need to have completed one of these in the last two years if you want to sign up to the Tier 2 course, which is designed to give you skills to respond to drug and alcohol use you might come into contact with in the Dudley Borough.
|Who is this course designed for?
The course is suitable for all people who come into contact with adult and young people who may be using drugs or alcohol in Dudley
By the end of this training participants will:
• Understand a range of issues relating to the use of drugs and alcohol
• Understand what constitutes a drug
• Be able to identify a variety of drugs and understand the effects and dangers
• Have a sound knowledge of the law relating to drugs and alcohol
• Understand the impact of drugs and alcohol on individuals, families and
• Use a basic drug/alcohol screening tool to identify need.
• Be able to refer substance users to the appropriate local services
• Understand what constitutes a psychoactive substance and an understanding of the way Dudley borough is tackling the agenda.
Cost: FREE(refreshments but not lunch included).
To book please visit our website or call the Waypoint team on 0114 250 6962