Dear Friends and Colleagues
This comes as my last task of 2016 and yet again provides me with a space to reflect the work that we have all been involved in during 2016.
The CYPF Network has really established its self this year, we have said hello to many new faces, invited many more to come and share with us and you are all getting much better at following this blog!, it is always a joy to see a new name sign up knowing that you are getting the local, regional and national information you need to support you and keep you connected.
I am really proud of Working Together For Change- Dudley Parent Carer Forum and honoured to be able to work with such vibrant strong and caring parent carers, You are all making such a difference to the lives of families living with SEND.
The Voice of the Child has been a big part of my role this year and it is only with the contribution of so many officers from across the partnership and the young people themselves that all that has been achieved has been possible. Through all of this hard work we will be able to hear and act upon those young voices much more in 2017.
There have been ups and downs for you all and we know that 2017 will be no different but it is reassuring to know that I have the best possible job because I get to work with you amazing people!! you are creative, have an abundance of energy and a unrelenting desire to improve the lives of the children and young people of Dudley. For this I salute you all.
My final reflection comes with the love and thanks I would like to offer to a few people who continue to make me laugh, encourage me and who without I wouldn’t be able to fullfil this role, You know who you are and I THANK YOU!
I wish you all a season of peace, love, good cheer and merriment!
Can’t wait to do it all again in 2017
For full details of the training available click the following
Chatterbox is an exciting new virtual online platform created for staff and volunteers in Dudley
It’s a great place to share:-
- Top tips for gathering the voice of children
- Creative ways you engage children & young people
- Anonymised data
- Great ideas from other areas across the country
- Consultations you are undertaking
- Information about what your planning and ask others to get involved
- Evidence of young people getting involved using video, audio and photos
How will you benefit?
- Learn new skills, tools and tactics to get children and young people involved in personal planning, service design improvement and strategic decision making
- Find out what everyone’s up to
- Gather evidence to support your business plans
- Use information to evidence gaps and need in funding bids
- Reduce the number of times young people are asked to answer the same questions
- Stay connected and save time, energy and resources
How do I join?
- Simple! Email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting registration link. Adam will send you a salesforce link to sign up. You will have 24 hours to complete registration before a second request would be needed
- It is a password protected web based product for use by those working in Dudley only that have been fully endorsed by your agencies
click the following link to view an invitation to attend a Loudmouth performance. For Staff and volunteers working with Primary School age children
We’re now ready to roll out Dudley’s snow clearance programme involving volunteers within the local community. Volunteers will be provided with snow packs for use to clear snow from pathways, pavements and public spaces that would not be treated by Dudley MBC. The programme aims to build community resilience during bad weather and during periods of heavy snow. Included in the snow pack is a shovel, a spreader, 2.5kg or 5kg bag of salt and a high vis vest.
We are initially looking to work with community and voluntary groups, tenancy and residents associations, neighbourhood watch groups and council departments currently engaging with volunteers to assist with identifying candidates that are confident they can clear snow and are physically able to undertake the activity
I would really appreciate your help with making contact with potential volunteers to sign them up for the scheme and issue a snow pack i.e. do you have distribution lists I can use to circulate some information or meetings I can attend etc etc?
Really appreciate any suggestions If you can help please email email@example.com
There are now places available on the forthcoming Domestic Abuse and the Impact on Adults & Families training session to be held on 9th January, Low Hill Community Hub, Wolverhampton. For further details, please use the link provided to book directly through Wolverhampton LSCB.
There are now places available on the forthcoming Core Working Together training sessions to be held in January and February. For further details, please use the link provided. A booking form is attached for completion and return should you wish to reserve a place on any of these sessions.
Dates and venues are as follows:
10th January, 9.30-4.30 – Pelsall Lane, Walsall
23rd January, 9.30-4.30 – Pelsall Lane, Walsall
2nd February, 9.30-4.30 – Coneygre Arts Centre, Tipton