FREE Modern Slavery Training
Safe and Sound invite you to attend FREE training sessions on Modern Slavery.
There are 2 ‘tiers’ to the training, information is below regarding which one you should attend depending on your role:
The 1 hour awareness session, is suitable for anybody in our partner organisations within the Dudley Borough, including the community, voluntary, faith and business sectors, who wants to gain a basic understanding of modern slavery and human trafficking and where you should report if you have concerns
Aim: To provide a basic awareness of modern slavery and human trafficking
By the end of the session delegates will:
- Have a basic awareness of modern slavery and human trafficking
- Be able to explain the different types of modern slavery
- Know who to contact if you come into contact with a potential victim of modern slavery
To book your place please follow this link https://www.eventbrite.com/e/modern-slavery-briefing-session-tickets-66189286939
The 3 hour training session is open to our partner organisations, within the Dudley Borough, including the community, voluntary, faith and business sectors.
This course is recommended for staff that may work with individuals and families but will refer any concerns to the MASH.
(This will also include Specialists / Designated leads who have particular specialist safeguarding responsibilities. Operational managers of services for members of the public including children, young people, families and vulnerable adults. Senior Managers responsible for strategic management of services for members of the public including; children, young people, families and vulnerable adults, Directors of Services and commissioners)
Aim: To raise awareness of modern slavery and human trafficking and highlight appropriate responses to potential victims
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Understand how you can contribute to fighting modern slavery in the UK
- Understand your role and responsibilities in tackling modern slavery
- Understand what support is available for modern slavery victims and
- Know where to refer potential victims and share intelligence
To book your place please follow these links