Dudley CVS has been asked to lead on co-ordinating the community response to COVID-19 in Dudley borough, working with existing voluntary and community groups and the volunteer centre and connecting people that need support to assets in their local community.
Get involved and be part of this…
Organisations and groups:
If your organisation or group would like to be part of a virtual COVID-19 Support Network (more details below) to explore options for mobilising local support for vulnerable people, please complete and return this form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Dudley CVS will be:
- Co-ordinating community action – The Dudley borough is well blessed with active voluntary, community and faith based organisations and volunteers that will be developing plans to support vulnerable people in localities. There will be an additional groundswell of local people wanting to play a role in supporting COVID-19 efforts. Dudley CVS will look to harness this support in a safe and effective manner ensuring efforts are well co-ordinated and duplication is minimised.
- Explore the establishment of six new virtual COVID-19 Support Networks, one in each of the following localities. Sedgley, Coseley and Gornal, Dudley and Netherton, Kingswinford and Amblecote, Brierley Hill, Stourbridge, Wollescote and Lye and Halesowen and Quarry Bank. We envisage these will involve colleagues from DMBC, the Police, voluntary sector organisations and groups, Fire Service, NHS and other colleagues. These will explore options for mobilising sector support for vulnerable and excluded groups.
- Providing information and key messages to local voluntary, community and faith based organisations about COVID-19 and understanding from them what assistance they need to continue to provide support particularly to vulnerable groups.
Dudley CVS is co-ordinating local COVID-19 efforts to help establish six COVID-19 Support Networks for each of the following geographical localities:
• Sedgley, Coseley and Gornal
• Dudley and Netherton
• Kingswinford and Amblecote
• Brierley Hill
• Stourbridge, Wollescote and Lye
• Halesowen and Quarry Bank
Dudley CVS are building resources to help not-for-profits. This list includes emergency grant funding and links to official help and guidance. It will be updated regularly as the situation is rapidly changing. Please find latest updates on our news page Covid-19: Help for not-for-profits.
As always the CYPF Team at CVS are here for you, if you need anything, even just a remote chat get in touch. You can call us on 01384 217 059 / 01384 217 058 or email Nicki@dudleycvs.org.uk or email@example.com. Stay safe, look after yourselves and each other and stay kind.